Thursday, July 30, 2009

This Past Weekend






On Saturday we got up early and after a nice homemade breakfast we decided we'd take a ride into NYC and head on down to Washington Square Park. There were some street fairs within blocks of each other and I never pass up an opportunity to soak in all the wonderful things the vendors have to offer. From handmade soaps to freshly made lemonade and smoothies to those awesome $5 pashminas. The sites and the smell of the city are totally exhilirating to me. As we walked through the street fairs and headed towards the park, my children caught a glimpse of the fountain. There were children and adults splashing away; their clothes soaked and their bodies dripping. Our kids looked up at us as if to say, "Is it okay if we do that too?" My husband and I hesitated for a moment and then agreed in unison that it was ok. As quickly as we nodded they had taken off their shoes and socks and jumped in. It was really nice to see them so excited. We figured it was hot enough that day that their clothes would dry within hours before it was time for us to head back. I really do love NYC and I'm sure my kids do now too!

No comments: