Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The September Issue

I just finished watching The September Issue and I really enjoyed it. I don't think it matters very much if you are interested in fashion or not. The documentary follows the days in the life of Anna Wintour, Editor-in-Chief of American Vogue, prior to the launch of the September issue. I've seen The Devil Wears Prada which is, supposedly, based on Anna but I truly believe that as much as people would like to believe that this woman is a total horror I don't think she really is. She is a strong, intelligent business woman and I think she deserves a lot of merit. After watching how much goes into the publication of one issue (a very important one at that) I have gained a great respect for her. I highly recommend this documentary if you get a chance to see it.

No comments: