Thursday, June 10, 2010

She Did It!

My daughter participated in the 2nd Grade Show. I did not see that one coming at all. She had been avoiding doing anything for a full month before today. I got calls and letters of concern regarding her participation and I just didn't know what to do anymore. So, finally, yesterday we told her that she didn't have to worry about the show and that all she had to do was show up. No pressure to sing--just stand there and if she felt like it maybe she could choose one song to lip sync. Well, go figure, she goes in there and sings all 8 songs. She looked so happy and into it. I was in shock. I went into this with, absolutely, no expectations. Afterward, parents and teachers all came up to her and congratulated her and hugged her and high-fived her! She told me that she felt like she was famous. I am so proud of her. Good for you, peanut!

No comments: