Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I Love Cookbooks


Recently, I have taken an honest-to-goodness, really real interest in cooking and, in the process, have started a collection of cookbooks. I own a good number of them but the more expensive ones I borrow from the library and return much, much later than your average borrow time. I can pour over them for hours. Here is my latest borrow. I would love to get my kids (specifically, my daughter) to try new foods. Her diet consists of milk, cheese, macaroni and cheese, more cheese, cereal, cheese and pancakes. Oh, and cheese! Maybe pasta with meat sauce when there's a full moon but really that is the extent of her diet. I would love to be able to cook up new and exciting meals for her to enjoy and nourish her. I know that children can be picky but this just seems unreal to me. I plan to get her to eat more things. I'm thinking that starting in the new year one of my major goals will be to introduce her to better food. I think it's really, really important.

No comments: